Identifying Numerals 10-90
- Seguin Tens Boards
- Slotted boards with the numbers 10 to 90 under each other.
For ease of handling, there are two boards. They are numbered
from 10 - 50 on the first board and 60 - 90 on the second.
However, they are always used together, so that the child always sees
the numbers from 10 - 90 in sequence.
- To teach the names 10 to 90 in association with the numerals
- 4 years and older
- The child has learned the names with the quantities, so now he
can be given all the names of the numerals in one lesson. The
three period lesson is used.
- The teacher points to each numeral in sequence and gives the
name. She repeats this once or twice.
- The teacher asks the child to point out any numeral she asks
for. For example, "Show me seventy," or, "Which is thirty?"
- The teacher points to different numerals, and the child names
- The teacher and child name the numerals 10 to 90 in sequence.