III. CARE OF THE PERSON
- Plastic food containers of different shapes with lids and caps of different
sizes and types.
- The child sits at a table and is given two or three plastic food containers.
He is shown how to remove the lids and put them on again. This requires
practice and judgment of size.
- On different days he is shown how to use the containers with different
types of caps.
- A collection of bottles and containers with screw tops or corks or
other fastenings used on household containers. Empty household containers
can be collected after the contents have been used.
- The child is given a bottle with a screw top and shown how to unscrew
the top and screw it on again. On different days, as he is ready, he is
shown how to manage the different fastenings. These are kept on a shelf
for him to take and use.
- Plastic containers which squeeze to eject a liquid.
- The child is given a container full of water. He stands in front of
the sink and squeezes a little liquid at a time out of the container into
- Understanding how to open and close containers
- Preparation for the practical life exercises
Back to Table of Contents